Proceed PAV/PDSD HT Processors Good?

These two home theater components retail for over $11,000 new and it is currently selling at bargain prices ($1200-$1300). It can do DD, DTS, THX, Stereo, Mono in 5.1 setting. I wonder if I am missing out on any latest and greatest features? Any thoughts on this?

ldk
cybercargoa037
Of course it depends on what kind of video cables you plan to input and output. I'm using a DVDO Edge video processor and switcher that accepts various kinds of inputs, but only outputs HDMI. AVS had a group buy on the Edge, and I've been very pleased with it -- a single button lets me switch both audio and video between my DirecTV HD-DVR and PS3-80. If your video display accepts HDMI, I can recommend the DVDO Edge.

db
Do you know the basic differences (about decoder) between PAV/PDSD and AVP ?
I just bought a Amp2 and now I´m looking for a pre-processor (AVP or PRE+DAC).
Thanks,
I replaced my Proceed PAV/PDSD with a Cary Cinema 11a for the lossless codecs and HDMI connectivity. I now have an Oppo BDP-105 that has an HDMI port for the HD-DVR and an asynchronous USB port for the Mac Mini. I use the balanced stereo and unbalanced 7.1 analog outputs from the Oppo, and the Cary inputs are set to bypass. I'm wondering about reinstalling the PAV/PDSD in the same configuration to replace the Cary. I don't care about the rear channels, 6 & 7, the Oppo processes the lossless codecs, and I don't use the HDMI inputs of the Cary. I assume that providing the tether to the PAV is in place, the PDSD will accept unbalanced analog from the Oppo; I think balanced stereo could go through the PAV.

db