Progressive Rock

Have any of you specifically built your system to listen to progressive rock, i.e. Yes, Genesis, Pink Floyd, etc.? I'm curious because I have, and was wondering what components you have found that lend themselves well to this particular type of music. The reason I asks is that I attended the Home Entertainment show last month in NYC. And not one of the rooms I visited were playing rock of any kind - and they did not seem receptive to taking request - especially at the volume I would need to hear before plunking down oh say $12,000 for a pair of speakers. Any incite you care to share is appreciated. Thanks, Matt...
yes9
Porcupine tree....that's all I have to say. this band, to describe them in words as my roommate said the other day: "they got everything I love about music into a single band"
for those not familiar with the band (especially those of you who just heard in absentia and deadwing) go check the rest of Wilson's catalog. STeve is very prolific, he's got tons of projects out there and all of them are amazing. some examples:
Blackfield
IEM
Bass communion "ghosts on magnetic tapes"
No-man "returning Jesus" and "together we're strangers".
So he was the guy behind Blackfield too? I have only heard Blackfield and Porcupine Tree by listening to some internet streaming prog rock stations
Bumping up this prog rock thread, especially in light of "The Musical Box" playing in Baltimore next week.
So he was the guy behind Blackfield too? I have only heard Blackfield and Porcupine Tree by listening to some internet streaming prog rock stations
The "Blackfield" cd is a must have - it has excellent sonics, and the music is all excellent.
If you like Porcupine Tree and Pink Floyd check out a new British band called Pure Reason Revolution. Their new disc "The Dark Third" is my personal album of the year and has phenomenal sonics as well.

Ken Golden
The Laser's Edge