Promitheus and Wyred4Sound

Hi,
Does anyone here have experience with a Promitheus TVC and Wyred4Sound's SX-1000 mono-blocks? The sensitivity seems to be be less to work with a TVC (2.95V) http://www.wyred4sound.com/118549/html/page.html
Please share your experience with W4S and any other passive preamp that you have used.
Thanks,
128x128milpai
Wow 54db is a lot of gain. I am not familiar with the W4S designs, but I'd be curious what that the input sensitivity would be in that situation. I think your concern with regards to volume control position are valid from a flexibility perspective and not necessarily sound quality. I prefer my settings around 12 or 1 o'clock for average listening volume.
The input sensitivity would be 1.5V as per W4S. Infact when I asked if the sensitivity can be made to 1.5V, they mentioned that the gain would then be 54dB.
You are right, I am more concerned about flexibility and I need more headroom (in case). With the NADs I set the knobs at 12'O clock position and I am already reaching the room limit. The NADs have 770mv sensitivity. The TVC creates a magic either at this setting or at +- 1 position from 12'O clock.
The new Musical Fidelity M6PRX also seems to have some great specs. But I have seen many folks 'goners not much happy with Musical Fidelity product. The M6PRX is a bit out of budget though:

http://www.musicalfidelity.com/products/M6-Series/M6PRX/M6PRX.asp
I have the M6PRX. It's a beast. Power forever and wonderful, warm, class AB sound. I also have a W4S 125wpc (well, really 100 below 1%thd) amp in another system. I've done the compare.

The W4S is a wonderful, detailed, open amp. It sounds great and if I only had a grand to spend on an amp that's what I'd buy in a New York minute.

But where the W4S would be described with terms like 'detailed, lean, analytical', the MF is 'warm, alive, organic'. Sort of what you'd expected comparing an ice-power to a very expensive and refined AB amp.

They both sound great. But I'm keeping a classic 'AB' amp for my main system for the foreseeable future.

PS: I'm a big W4S fan, I have two of their dacs. Great stuff and a wonderful company.
Mike,
Thanks for your input. I purchased the Parasound A21 in Feb this year. Pretty happy with it.