"Budget" cable advice, please

Hi,

I'm piecing together the first refresh of my audio system in over 20 years! :-)

I've purchased a pair of Totem Arros and a Music Hall CD 25.2 CD player. I'll also be running a refurbished SOTA Sapphire and a PS Audio Elite Plus integrated amp. The only speaker cables I have right now are Monster Cable Powerline 2's that I used to bi-wire my old Vandersteen 2C's in the late 1980's.

I need best-bang-for-the-buck interconnect, power cord (for the CD) and speaker cable recommendations. I can't break the bank on cables, but want to get a marked improvement in the system.

Thanks for any and all suggestions!
rebbi
I ended up buying the Audioquest GBC speaker cables (on sale at hcmaudio.com) and Audioquest Coral interconnects (also on sale) from them, too. They just arrived and I'll let you all know how they're working out as they break in.
DIY.

Min.12-13 awg solid core speakercables, biwire if possible. 9-10 or thicker gives real bass-power!
The copper sounds dull the first hour(s), but opens vup and dissapears.

Powercables in min.12-13agw solid also outperforms anything else.
Try RS Cables Silver ICs and Clear Day Audio speaker cables.
$220 for the both and I'm quite happy with the results.
AQ King Cobras are very good. I've owned AQ Coral CQs (very spatial but a bit bright) and AQ Diamondbacks (solid all-round cable) but for around $100 you can buy used King Cobras. They transport a bigger soundstage and a lot of well-defined bass. Easy on the ears, too.
You should read this by Roger Russell (Director of Acoustic Research at McIntosh Laboratory, Inc. and the originator of McIntosh Loudspeakers)

http://www.roger-russell.com/wire/wire.htm

You'll find out what others had already know but can't accept.