Reasonably priced 2K Phono Preamp?

Just starting to plan my turntable setup and I'm contemplating phono preamps. Just read about the new Krell phono pre in TAS,for about $1600. Any comments or additions. BTW, I love Audiogon and would happily buy used.
Thanks,
David
deshapiro
To the above I would add the "DACT" 101 (#?). It comes in semi-kit form (i.e. the circuits are ready, you add casing + batteries or separate power supply).
A friend of mine put it together with active PS. It sounds wonderful, has gain of its own (i.e., you can also hook a digi source onto it -- if you want to give passive a go), and the cost including the extra matls should be 1,5-2K (from what he told me). DACT stands for "Danish Audio Connect" & their site is www.dact.com// & that completes my knowledge of this product.
Oh yes, the system: a mean-looking VPI/Koetsu (sorry, can't remember either model), Krell 250, Wilson 6,1.
Good luck!
I hear that people and reviewers have fgood things to say about Audiomat phono (never heard it myself). Costs $990.
Check it and review out on http://www.mutine.com.
I have a Conrad Johnson Motif Phono Stage. They are used only. Sold for over $2K new. I see used ones a lot for $600 to $740. Model is MC-11 I think. Is "Reasonably" priced $2K an Oxy-moron ???
I love my BAT VK-P5 which retails for $2k, but can be had for $1200 used. I compared it in a long term audition to the $5000 Aesthetix Io and when maintenance costs were factored in, I could not justify the $3k for such a small improvement. The Io was better, but not by that much.
I'm going to go out on a limb here and recommend something from space tech laboratory found at space-tech-lab.com. ive never heard their phono stages but i recently bought a little tube preamp line stage from them for a temporary piece just until i found THE preamp i really wanted. well...this little preamp was $300 new and blew the DOORS off my audio research sp9mkII and my morrison ELAD which gets such astonishing reviews at audioreview. i did an a/b comparison with all of them and i sold everything but the space-tech. the rest of my system consists of a vt100mkII, 777es, acoustat m3s, oracle delphi and the space tech keeps up with all of those pieces. it's really outstanding and i'm looking in to their phono stages right now. i can barely wait! i'm frothing.