Recommend a forward speaker

Apologies in advance for cross posting this on AA as well, but figure there might be some different suggestions over here.

When I say forward, I mean the music is presented forward on the stage, NOT necessarily bright (but could lean that way).

I've got a pair of Verity Audio Parsifals, and they are not forward, and although I love their coherent and open sound, sometimes I feel like the stage is just too far back. I've done a lot to bring it forward: silver cables (Stereovox), Amperex 6922 in my amps, Canary ca 160 amps, Emm front end, still, the basic character of the speakers are still laid back. The soundstage at this point is probably about 3 to 4 feet behind the plane of the speakers. I prefer it at or slightly forward the plane of the speaker. That's what I get for buying without listening first. Although, honestly, it took some listening to finally put my hand on this. I was so taken aback by their beautiful, open sound, it was hard to understand their presentation fully.
128x128dennis_the_menace
Iconic 704-8A/GPA 604-8H-II in Stonehenge V cabinet or as implemented by Serious Stereo.
dennis, i have the same conundrum as you - i m looking for a more fwd/involving speaker. (also, i have the exact same repsonse to the veritys.) i would like to hear the piegas, usher be-718, talon hawks, merlins plus others. i've read alot about the coincident speakers, but there are so few dealers. have you tried totem ? fwiw, i think the audio physics are pretty awful and the JM/Focal stuff is not that far behind. i have heard many (highly praised) speakers that are just terrible - it's not even a matter of preference or taste. ps...where did u hear the piegas ? at CSA Audio in NJ ?
hey Dlee... haven't heard the Coincidents. I heard the Totem Model 1, which sounded great, tho not really appropriate for a medium large room. Didn't like the Focal speakers I heard, but haven't heard JM Lab, maybe they're more refined. I heard the Piegas at the Gifted Listener in Virginia...