Recommendation for analog set for $700

I am interested to try out the analog world and would like a recommendation to jump start my research.

I am using Almarro 318B and Zu Omen Def speakers. I think I need a turn table and a phono preamp. I am looking to spend around $700 on them? I can stretch it a bit, but really like to keep it under $1000.

Thanks.
gte357s
The Pro-Ject Debut Carbon is a straight forward turntable. All one would have to do is verify all cartridge settings to make sure the settings did not get messed up in shipping. Set the anti-skate weight on the post mount on tonearm, put the belt on the drive platter, mount the full size platter, plug in the cables to a phono section or phono preamp and ta da your up and running.

The Orotophon Red is a good starter cartridge and you can upgrade to the Blue stylus later. If you feel you may want to go with a moving could cart later you may want to get the optional acrylic platter. The meta alloy platter may not allow a MC cartridge to work right.
Lowerider57, Thanks for the clarification!

I see there is a Project Perspective. I like its look. Is it a good unit? Is it one of those set and forget unit?
please ignore the post above, I press refresh and post it twice.

Lohanimal, I am not prepare to do diy. In fact, totally opposite. I don't want to spend too much time to set up and maintain. I am looking for something more plug and play with minimal adjustment.

I think I am looking to spend 400-500 on the turntable including tonearm and cartilage, and 200-300 on the phono preamp.
I think I am increasing my budget, and considering two units - Empire 598 III and Rega P3-24. I think they are very different, one vintage, one modern. Which one is better?