Recommendation for TT power

I have a Nottingham Space 294 turn table. It has a great motor but no power switch. After having moved to a new place, I actually have to climb under the table every time I want to turn on the turntable which is getting annoying. I want to be able to turn on power using a remote. Any recommendations? My budget for this is under $500. Thank you in advance.
malammik
I believe the table is designed so that when you are done playing an LP you stop the platter with your hand and it should stay stopped.

When you wish to restart it at the next listening session you just give the platter a gentle push and it should start again.
Not remote controlled but I use a Phoenix Engineering Falcon PSU on my Notts Ace Spacedeck and get good results as a result.
@Viridian, you're 100% correct. However, when I put my hand against the motor, I can feel ever so slight vibration, so it is definitely doing something when it is not spinning the platter - there is no sleep mode in it. I am concerned about long term damage to the motor. It is also waste of electricity.
@Tubehead21 and @Zd542. I think you're both proposing same solution. I will research that and most likely end up going with something along those lines. Thanks a lot folks!
I believe that you should rethink the designer's intention. The shuddering is normal as there is still a small current going to the motor, which is the way it was designed.

Turning it on and off will lead to much more stress on the electronics and on the motor as I learned with my Logic Tempo which was designed in a similar way. I switched it with a remote controlled wall socket and the motor developed a short within six months.