Recommendations for this combo: Epos,Denon,SVS

I'm firmly set on getting the Epos ELS-3's, but have not yet decided on a sub or receiver yet ... looking for suggestions. 60/40 Music/Movies

Was thinking about Denon DRA-395 and either the SVS PB10-NSD or the Klipsch RPW-10

Any recommendations or good matches for the ELS-3 around that range?

Thanks in advance!!
bobcuzi
The only receivers that I would pair the EPOS with are the NAD C720BEE, Outlaw RR2150, or the Music Hall Maven. Most other receivers will not provide the type of quality amplification that the EPOS require. Without quality amplification, the EPOS can sound boxy. If you go with the Denon DRA-395 you may want to consider a different speaker like the Wharefedale Diamond 9.1/9.2 or NHT Classic 2 or SB2 (discontinued).

Regards, Rich
Thanks for your response Rich,

I've actually narrowed it down to the Cabridge Audio Azur 540a v2.0 (fits my price range and has pre/out for the sub).

I looked at both Outlaw and NAD and I'm leaning towards Cambridge Audio. I wasn't thinking of going with integrated, but since this has pre/out for the sub I think I am fine.

So how about this combo? Epos ELS-3, Cambridge Azure 540a v2.0, and Klipsch RPW-10
the new line of harman-kardon will give you lots of finesse for the money spent(more so than the ones mentioned). wharfedale should be highly considered. more refined than the epos
If you are looking for a HT receiver (5.1 or 7.1)I would recommend the Outlaw 1070. If just for two channels Rich's recommendations are good.

For subs I would try to stay with sealed design. Usally won't go as low or loud and a ported design but, in general sound better with music.