Reference disc player...UDP 205 or Marantz?

Hey guys....
I've decided to take the plunge, and get my last reference disc player--at least for a very long time--and I'm looking for opinions on the subject.
I really wanted to get the Marantz SA-14S1, it sounds fantastic for sure, but I started to read all the glowing reviews on the Oppo UDP-205. Is it just hype, or the real thing? Is the Oppo really that rare piece of equipment that punches that far above its price? Who here has listened to the oppo and/or the Marantz? How do they compare? 
Thanks! 
jonasandezekiel
@ haolunfan - Something not mentioned here is that all electronics (and cables) need burn in, typically 400-500 hours, i.e., about three weeks. If you are experienced and have good ears, you can tell a lot about a unit after about 24 hours, but soon after that, until roughly 300 hours in, the sound quality will be all over the place, often not very listenable, until it starts settling down.  

Both the Marantz 8005 and Oppo 203/205 are good, just have different functions. By concentrating on music, the Marantz isn't encumbered with the interference of video circuitry, which typically undermines the sound to some degree. If you want video in the same unit, then the Oppo is a very good player/dac combo, especially for the price. Good mods make it even better.
Highstream, I was actually considering the marantz 14s1 or the Oppo, but i understand your point.

A good buddy of mine, whose opinion I respect, highly recommends the Oppo, just on its specs alone. I'm thinking about getting off the pot, and just buying it. And if I don't like I can return it. 
I think my Oppo 103 sounds very good with my Krell integrated and Vandersteen 2Cs. I only use it for 2-ch audio. I like being able to play all disc formats. Service information is top-notch. The only downside is it's a little slow to respond to inputs from the remote. I'm planning to purchase the 205 based on owner's statements it sounds even better. Stereophile rates the 103 class B, the 105 class A.

Tom
Yeah, but I just can't get over the fact that it's a mid-fi priced disc player, and that it plays video too. It's almost a mantra that you can't get true reference two channel from a player that does video as well, so reasonably priced. Something doesn't seem right.
@ jonasandezekiel,
Why don't you try the Oppo 205? If you don't like it, you can return it and go with the Marantz.