Reference disc player...UDP 205 or Marantz?

Hey guys....
I've decided to take the plunge, and get my last reference disc player--at least for a very long time--and I'm looking for opinions on the subject.
I really wanted to get the Marantz SA-14S1, it sounds fantastic for sure, but I started to read all the glowing reviews on the Oppo UDP-205. Is it just hype, or the real thing? Is the Oppo really that rare piece of equipment that punches that far above its price? Who here has listened to the oppo and/or the Marantz? How do they compare? 
Thanks! 
jonasandezekiel
Hey there jafant,
I must confess, and I hang my head in shame! I haven't gotten anything yet!
Although all the responses were excellent and informative, I think I became partially paralyzed with indecision. 
Plus, I've always been a really slow guy when it comes to discretionary purchases like this. 
So, I'm still looking, but I completely intend to buy something.
One thing, I think I've ruled out the oppo, just because I can't imagine it being as good as a dedicated player, like the Marantz.-even though my good buddy thinks I'm crazy and completely disagrees!
@jafant ,
You have been chasing the Marantz for quite a few months and that too on various forums. I have listened to the Marantz SA-10 at a dealer and it sounded pretty good. I heard no rolled off treble, like some people describe Marantz. But it was a system that I was not familiar with.
Eventually I have settled on the Oppo 205. From AudioAsylum, you know how "Dibeliever" hates this player for being very bright harsh. His ears must be super sensitive, because in my system, the Oppo is anything but bright. In fact I would have taken a bit more bright - just the way it was in the initial days. This is a smooth player. What you should do is get the Oppo and take it to a Marantz dealer and compare side-by-side. If you are in Chicgo area, then you could visit Music Direct and they can help you.
Much Thanks! milpai

yes, the SA-10 interests me for being a straight up CD/SACD player.
I have a dedicated video player. Happy Listening!
Agreed calvinj

I did not find the Oppo 105D musical. Transparent yes.
Happy Listening!