Reference Monitor Recommendations Help-Please

Hello All,

I'm looking for input on some high quality reference monitors. I have a small room 12' x 13'. I'll probably use a Bryston 3B SST or 4B SST Amp and already have a Bryston BP25MC Preamp. For a Subwoofer, I already have a SVS 20-39 PC Plus (525W Active)ready to go. I'd like to keep the Monitors price $2,500.00 or under. Not too fatiguing on the ears but with rich (Musical) sound. Also looking for recommended speaker wire type and brand (under $1K). Respected Audiophiles, thank you very much in advance.
rcnc500
Hello,

Check out Tyler Acoustics line of monitor's here on AGon or Tyler web site. Used Linnbrooks go for around $2k or so (with warranty if purchased directly from Tyler). I have Linnbrook monitors for about a year now and while I have changed every other component in my system the Linnbrooks have and will stay.
What about the Audio Physic Virgo? version 2 can easily be found under 2500. Then try Transparent or Cardas speaker cables...

Great imaging, great warm rich sound...about 6-8 inches wide...2 feet deep...small footprint.
I agree about the SHAMROCK AUDIO EIRE. They sound very sweet with a good bass response. They also use great drivers. They use Scanspeak drivers. Here's a review and pic of the speakers. http://www.soundstage.com/revequip/masz08.htm
I currently have Monitor Audio 3i "Book shelf" monitor speakers at this time and run them on a Dennon POA 2400 Amp. They get a little fatiguing after a while and I must watch the volume to keep it lower than where the sound starts to become improved in midrange and bass response (they have a 5" midrange and 1" dome tweeter, dual front ports). I'll notice a slight inner ear discomfort and slight ringing if I don't keep the volume lower(after listening for a while, piercing highs). They sounded better after break in, however, they are still bright sounding and need a slight more mid-range and bass sound (more balanced, however, I realize they are small speakers and I can't expect but so much). I have the "there's something better" bug and realize I must spend more money and go hunting for better speakers and think more on some room treatments (I have reflective sheet rock walls, carpet floor). I am 44 years old now and realize my hearing has changed some and my desire for a more full and richer sound has increased (more mid and lower register musical balance). I'm changing out the entire system. Thank you very much to you who have responded thus far and I welcome more input and recommendations.