Rock? money down the drain?

I have seen posts where people describe their systems and ask for upgrade advise and their systems cost $5000 and up and their primary music is rock. here is a question for everyone. is it worth spending $10,000 on a rock system or do think there is a cut off point where all rock systems sound the same?
mboldda1269a
Why are some of you stuck in a certain group of music? Some people don't listen to S. Twain because she's classified as country. Twenty years ago she would have been called pop or rock. My self, I prefer good old rock, but I even enjoy a couple of Merrel Haggard or Burt Bacharach tunes. Ilike the classical stuff too. Also, Metallica has some seriously talented guys in their band. Open your minds a little bit people!
Flip - did you miss the title of this thread? Although the definition of "rock" wasn't clearly stated, Merle, Burt and (for sure) all of classical don't fall under anyone's definition of rock. Metallica has been mentioned a bunch of times.
Didn't miss the title . . . may have digressed alittle though. What I was getting at was; that certain people expressed thier views as if they like one type of music only. I'm saying there is good and bad in each catagory. Enjoy them all regardless of lables. What ever you like, a good system makes it sound better.
Flip - couldn't agree more. I enjoy going to the All-Music Guide website (www.allmusic.com) and traversing their extensive "genre" trees - it makes your head spin there are so many. I'm glad there isn't a test! I'd go one step further and say that not only is there good and bad in each category, but that certain situations bring out the best in an otherwise average song. A decent system is a must - a good system makes everything better.
Tell me Eldragon, how does jazz jerk around? This should be good. Are you one of those classical snobs that play classical piano and think reading classical manuscripts some 2, 3, 400 years old is superior to jazz music? Or have you even spent enough time listening to jazz to acquire an honest evaluation of certain players or the music in general?

I beg to differ. Jazz doesn't jerk. It DOES sooth the soul, and speaks volumes about the improvizational and technical ability of the individual creating it. Mozart, Beethoven, Bach, they all improvised...and probably would have loved jazz had it been available in their time.

Make your choices based upon your own preferences, but don't dis' JAZZ. You obviously don't understand JAZZ, for if you did you'd know it does not jerk around as you call it! Try reading or playing an Art Tatum transcription if you think all JAZZ does is jerk around...Some comments made by some of you people do nothing but profess your ignorance. Enjoy!