Rogue Owners Unite

Hello Rogue Owners. The goal of this thread is to let Rogue owners discuss the tubes they have tried in their amps/preams and discuss other tweeks that have been implemented with success. It would also be nice if you'd post your system components to help us compare notes.
buckingham
Bradz, if you have the money go with the 99, if not the magnum upgrade is very good. It is better than a stock 66 in all areas, you can use a number of different tubes after you done the mod to the 66. the tube I use is the E80cc, if you use this tube be sure to let Mark know so he can mod it to use that tube, you will never go back to a 12au7 after you hear it. Greg
Would the Magnum 66 be comparable to a stock 99 or is it like comparing apples to oranges? Also, how would you describe the change in sound going from the 12au7 to the E80cc tube and which unit do you have Greg? Thanks in advance. Brad
Greg, I haven't been able to find the E80cc tube anywhere.
Is it available anywhere?
Has anyone done the magnum upgrade to an 88 amp? How did it compare to the stock 88?
Buckingham: E80CC is not a direct replacement for 12AU7. They often come up on Ebay offered by sellers in Europe. I am looking into modifying a Pilot 232 power amp to run one in place of it's 12AU7, hoping that it will flesh out the tone a bit (make an EL84 amp sound more like an EL34 amp:-). The E80CC uses the same pin out (I think) and it is taller than a 12AU7.