Seeking informed advice on speaker acquisition (Vandersteen vs. OHM Walsh)

I bought a used pair of Vandersteen 2CEs about 6 months ago. They sound great to my relatively uninformed ears, but I would like to step it up. The Vandys are 25+ years old.
I have two speakers under consideration and would like input from individuals who have heard both. I am considering upgrading the Vandys to the 2CE Signature II model. I am sure the improvements in the last quarter century will greatly enhance my listening experience. The other speaker I am considering is an Ohm Walsh 2000. I have read many rave reviews on the Ohm Walsh and am seeking input from those who have heard both.

I would also like to hear from those who have heard both speakers, but have an alternative in mind. My budget cap is $3000. I prefer to buy a new pair, but I am not opposed to acquiring a used offering in great condition. I am in the Atlanta area if anyone has a used pair for sale.

My room specs are 18 x 15 with 7 foot ceilings.
System:Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum II; Merrill Super12 Polytable; Oppo UDP-203; Parks Audio Hybrid Budgie phono
arturos73
Both are time aligned which is probably the beneficial thing most similar about the two that tend to put both in the same conversations.
wave propagation thru a cone and time and pase aligned pistonic behavior are NOT the same....period.
not sure comparing current production to a 20 year old speaker is fair, you should at least borrow some current sigs from Alan imo...
if you like the 901 approach consider a pair of used Vandersteen model 5 and turn on the rear tweeter...
@roberjerman
and I thought you said DCM timewindows were the best.....
which might be something we agree on......DCM stands for Drug Capital of the Midwest.....

i sold a ton of them and Vandersteen 2’s
i may have been sober....

@ tomic601: The TW's, the Vandy 2's and the Ohm Sound Cylinders are all certainly compatible. Nice open sound, wide soundstage and very good bass! And an easy load for amplifiers! Tough to choose among the three - each has their fans!