Seeking informed advice on speaker acquisition (Vandersteen vs. OHM Walsh)

I bought a used pair of Vandersteen 2CEs about 6 months ago. They sound great to my relatively uninformed ears, but I would like to step it up. The Vandys are 25+ years old.
I have two speakers under consideration and would like input from individuals who have heard both. I am considering upgrading the Vandys to the 2CE Signature II model. I am sure the improvements in the last quarter century will greatly enhance my listening experience. The other speaker I am considering is an Ohm Walsh 2000. I have read many rave reviews on the Ohm Walsh and am seeking input from those who have heard both.

I would also like to hear from those who have heard both speakers, but have an alternative in mind. My budget cap is $3000. I prefer to buy a new pair, but I am not opposed to acquiring a used offering in great condition. I am in the Atlanta area if anyone has a used pair for sale.

My room specs are 18 x 15 with 7 foot ceilings.
System:Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum II; Merrill Super12 Polytable; Oppo UDP-203; Parks Audio Hybrid Budgie phono
arturos73
shadowcat2016: Great advice, thanks. I agree room treatment is critical. I have been overwhelmed with the prices, options and differing opinions out there though. What source did you use for recommendations? Where did you acquire the treatments? I made a couple of panels a while back out of plywood, pillow foam and fabric. I use them on the walls on either side of the Vandys to great effect. Would love to do more on that front.
audionoobie: Thanks for the input. Speaking of ZZ Top, I red-lighted the Vandys listening to Tres Hombres (Waiting for the Bus, Jesus Just Left Chicago) the other night. I had forgotten those idiot-proof warning lights were in the Vandy. Scared the excrement outta me seeing those demon eyes flashing at me. Speaking of Bill Evans, Waltz For Debbie floors me every time I hear it on these Vandys.

To all: As a novice, I want to experience other speaker house-sounds, but don't want to make a step backwards. All of the info received thus far indicates I should stay with the Vandy sound - which I love. Then again, the Ohm's may bring something else to the table that checks off other boxes and I could dig them as well, or better. I'm gonna table the decision for the moment, but may take up that 120-day offer and do some A/B comparisons. Thanks for all of the great advice.
OP- I'm using Primacoustic room treatment purchased from Sweetwater. Bigger difference than anything else I've done.
my treatment shortlist:

to minimiza shipping which can equal cost of some product I tend to source local

for SoCal - Lambvin in Oceanside
for Seattle - Vicoustic USA - happen to know old importer
for East I tend to go GIK

imo great rooms use a lot of natural diffraction and diffusers - plants, book laden java tables, rugs, odd shaped tables in wood and heavy metal - low resonance stuff...

have fun
OP - I understand, which is why i have 7 pairs of speakers at any given moment, which includes a pair or three Vandersteen......
......got to listen around for sure.....
I was gonna get a new pair of the latest 2Ce sig IIs since I love my 2Cs so much... until the day I walked into my Vandersteen dealer and heard the Treos CTs. Now I can't go back... trebel and detail to die for all with that Vandy sound you know and love. I have to figure out how to come up with an extra $5500 dollars :O
Beware of the higher end models spoiling it for you.