Shipping large speakers to Canada from US

What are the cross border issues in shipping/transporting Canadian mfg. speakers back across the border to Canada? I bought the speakers, made in Canada, factory direct and had them shipped to US. I am now selling same speakers, and have prospective buyer in Canada. I may transport the speakers across the border myself and avoid a shipper. What are the likely border issues, questions, etc. that I may face?
Any information is appreciated.
Thanks
sharri
Sharri - while not an expert I agree with Fyneplace and you should expect to pay the taxes upon arrival at Canada Customs. If you were a freight company as opposed to an individual you would be "allowed in" without paying but a record or file would be initiated with the requirement for you to collect the appropriate taxes from the buyer and then you would remit them to the govenment(s). Our governments never assume that you will pay up after the fact but collect all they can up front and you have chase them for a refund if they deem it applicable!

If the buyer could meet you there it may alleviate some of the issues as well as your out of pocket cost...
US Customs website says that they will collect a duty based on declared value. First $400 is exempt. The next $1000 (up to $1400) will have a duty of 1.5%. Anything over $1400 will have a different rate depending on location. The exemption can be doubled to $800 if you travel with a US buddy.
Coryc:

I haven't checked the website (poor homework on my part), but with NAFTA, there should be no duty, only the sales tax.

Sharri, do your buyer a favour and keep the declared value low! Buyer will pay around 15% on declared value.

Jeff
Coryc - whle interesting info it does not apply in this instance as we are talking about Canadian speakers traveling from the US back to Canada. If it were the other direction and the speakers were headed south of the 49th parallel then your info could apply although as Jeff indicates with NAFTA there should be no duty...