shrink wrap film residue- how to remove

Hello,

I have high gloss speakers. I needed to shrink wrap the speakers to protect them as my unit needed a spray using chemicals. I place a drop sheet over them as well. I removed the shrink wrap and there are marks or residue on my speakers from the shrink wrap. I used a fine microfibre cloth and some distilled water but the marks are still there. Is this something that will take time to come out with repeated wipe downs?

Any suggestions on how to gently remove the residue from my high gloss speakers? Much appreciated.

2007audioman
2007audioman
Thanks chayro..you know now that you mentioned it, the support tech did mention to use isopropyl alcohol to remove the marks as well. I guess its not abrasive I suppose is why he suggested it. So your experience, what do you mean it was "only a surface coating" removed by the alcohol? Was it still shiny and had a smooth feel to it after you cleaned it with the alcohol? Reason I ask is cause I have to do the whole speaker(s) with the alcohol if it works and dont want to damage the coating or leave a dull look or scratches as well when finished.  Such a delicate thing these high gloss speakers.Did you dilute the alcohol or did you use it full strength? Thanks chayro.

2007audioman
Alcohol is routinely used by auto detailers to remove waxy residues.  As far as my experience with the plastic part, it was left smooth and shiny, like new.  The thing is - whenever you polish or even clean the finish, it is very important to use the proper tools and technique.  I recommend microfiber towels only and work in straight lines - gently.  
I used the Everclear, which is 190 proof grain alcohol, full strength.  
Thanks chayro for your advice. I'll try a small inconspicuous area and see if that works. Thanks.

2007audioman.
Just don't drink it straight.  
It can kill you.  But Everclear is cool to have around the house for cleaning and disinfecting.  It's probably about the purest alcohol you can buy without getting into laboratory stuff.  And you CAN mix it with fruit juice and stuff like that for drinking purposes.  Good stuff. 
Hi chayro..haha..I'm not a drinker so it would be purely used for cleaning and disinfecting..haha..I have some isopropyl 91 percent I was going to try in a small area and see if it does anything. I need to get some microfibre towels to start to get at the job first though and see what happens. 

2007audioman