shrink wrap film residue- how to remove

Hello,

I have high gloss speakers. I needed to shrink wrap the speakers to protect them as my unit needed a spray using chemicals. I place a drop sheet over them as well. I removed the shrink wrap and there are marks or residue on my speakers from the shrink wrap. I used a fine microfibre cloth and some distilled water but the marks are still there. Is this something that will take time to come out with repeated wipe downs?

Any suggestions on how to gently remove the residue from my high gloss speakers? Much appreciated.

2007audioman
2007audioman
I'm sorry to say I think it's a chemical reaction that can not be remedied.    I have seen shrink wrap fog lexan display windows on the instruments i repair if left on too long or exposed to heat.   Thats why we use bags on everything, or their canvas covers before wrapping to transport.   
For really badly decomposed Scotch tape, a horrible sticky mess that had probably been there 15 years on the paint all around the head of an expensive tennis racket, Duck brand adhesive remover from Target worked a miracle. After a couple applications the racquet now looks brand spanking new, I’m happy to report. 😃
Hi all,

Quick update. I traded in my CM10 S2 to my dealer who gave me a good trade in price and I will be the proud owner of a pair of 702 S2’s and the HTM71 S2 centre speaker in about a week. Thank you for all the comments, responses I received on this thread. I sincerely appreciate it. I’m very happy I dont have to do anything and can enjoy the latest speakers from B&W. Lesson learned and props to my dealer. Thanks again all.