Silver interconnect and Copper spkr wire synergy

Contemplating going with a very nuetral(revealing) silver interconnect...such as the MAS grey or DH Labs b-1(silver coated?)...and then using a low(10) awg copper speaker wire(for low end reproduction)...seems like a good idea "on paper"...or is this a mismatch? ANyone else using silver interconnect/copper wire combos...or copper interconnects with silver wire? Another idea: Discovery NOS and dh labs t-14...
128x128phasecorrect
Before I sold my pre 2 weeks ago, I was using all Luminous Audio cables, which consisted of Renaissance bi-wire spkr. (Copper), Synchestra Sig (Copper) to the amp & Silver Ref to the CDP. All my PC's & outlets are copper.

I found the one silver IC to the CDP added a fine bit of detail w/o brightness I didn't have before. The quality of the silver seems to be more critical than copper, as most silver cables I've heard I didn't care for.

As the other posts infer, you'll have to do some experimenting to get the right mix.
From what I've read, copper will will give you a deeper, fuller bass. Silver a more airy/detailed top end. (some silver cables may be to bright) For speaker cables I'm currently using a pair of Jena Labs Valkyre (copper) on the bottom (my speakers are bi-wireable) and Xindak fs-2 on the top. The fs-2's are a silver and copper sandwiched design so I'm getting the detailed and airy top from my tweeter's and the copper brings in the lower end of the mid-range drivers. With this s/c combo I've used both copper and silver i/c's with good results. Currently I'm using Shunyata Aries S i/c's (copper) and the sound is outstanding.
The Valkyre's are wonderful cables and when my budget permits I'll get another pair to try on the top but for now I'm very happy with this silver/copper combo.
Complementary colorations - I agree wholeheartedly. It is definitely best to get equipment wiothout colorations and mate them together, the room included. Unfortunately most of us don't have access to the funds, or the equipment or the dedicated room environment to pull this off. We have to make do with what we can afford and/or what we own (expensive equipment alsways seems to have their own voicing too, so that's not a good parameter to go by either).

That's why trial and error in cables is so prevalent. It is easier and less expensive to use DIY cables for these tests, but not everyone is so inclined. Yes, they are tone controls to make up for deficiencies elsewhere. Hopefully the deficiencies are minor enough to correct with a different cable though.

Enjoy,
Bob
It all deepends on the Driver tech and the associated equiptment. Ag usually does not do well with Metal Drivers,but there are reports that it does well with Maggies.

There is also the Cable topology that needs to be considered. I like Ag IC's and Cu speaker cables in my setup.

Good luck!