Snap, crackle, pop

After I clean the used record with my spin clean I still can notice pops in ticks. Does that mean the record still has dirt in it or is that just where in tear from the previous owners? I tried cleaning the record in the spin clean again but it really doesn't get any better.
last_lemming
Yes and no. Carefully inspect play surface again if there are any scratches.

Spin-Clean isn't efficient to remove the dirt and you may be even pushing it inside the grove even more.
If I face very dirty record, I use protective plastic 'pancakes' with rear-main automotive seal adhesed on each pancake. So labels are between pancakes clamped and than the record is placed onto the dishwasher with disabled hot water and heater. No detergent is added as well. This method cleaned huge jukebox collection of 7" records. I cut about 4 dozen of those pancakes and used epoxy to adhese Chevy 2500 truck rear-main seals on them(perfect size!).
The only way to get a record completely clean is using a KL Ultrasonic Cleaner, and then when your done, putting the record in a new clean inner sleeve. I have tried a few cleaners and this one is the best one by a long shot, closely followed by the AudioDeske, IMO of course :-)

Good Listening

Peter
The record might be pristine and unplayed yet still have ticks & pops. Noise can
be a function of the quality of the vinyl used and/or the pressing. It's not always
due to dirt or wear.