Solid state amplifier $2K Used or New

System B&W Nautilus 805
Audio Electronics AE-1 Preamp
Meridian 506.20 Cd Player
Synergistic Research Cabling

Looking at possiby Krell KSA50S, Krell KSA100S, Ayre V-3, BAT VK200, McCormack DNA 125, NAD S200
Any other suggestions?
stowne1
I will have to also give a nod to the electro above from sedond.I sold my aw120 a while back and regret it to this day.Electrocompaniet amps are sweet,detailed and have more current then any of the above mentioned amps and produce a wonderful soundstage.
You owe it to yourself to listen to a Audio Research 100.2 SS amp. I have owned a Bryston 4b NRB and the 100.2 totally blows it away in my opinion. The 100.2 has all the smooth non fatiging sound of a great tube amp without the hassles. It is a real sleeper in the ARC line of amps. Check out the post under amps/preamps "Audio Research convert". I have spoken to Gary and he replaced his Ayre V3 with a ARC 100.2. Read what he has to say. You wont't find many of these on the used market because people hang onto them, but they are worth the money.
Look into a Odyssey Stratos for $1100. with the 120,00 cap upgrade. You won't be disappointed!
I agree that Bryston amplifiers are about as good as transistor gets in this price range. The 20 year waranty that is easily transfered makes these the best buy in the under 2K range. The Conrad-Johnson amplifiers are another interesting choice because of the MOSFET sound, i.e. a little more spacious and maybe just a little smoother, but a different kind of bass compared to bipolar. Thanks, Rich M. (aka nita)