Sony 9000ES DVD owners, Help me Please

I heard that the sony 9000ES DVD wil play SOME cd r's. If anyone has experience with this. Wich brand will it play, how do you record them?. Many thanks. By the way, how would you compare the sound of the 9000's regular cd playing performance with cd-only players?
ampman66
The 9000es will not play CD-Rs according to the manual,but it will play CD-RWs.
Even the chepest CD-RWs play on it.I never really tried the more expensive CD-Rs though.
I have only tried one CD-R on my Sony which didn't work, so...I posted this a few days ago in another thread. "I bought a $25 Sony portable CD player at their outlet, stuck it on top of three Vibrapods, got Radio Shacks' 1/8 to rca adapter,added some decent interconnects that were laying around, and wham!, CD-R for under $50. Now I can keep my Sony DVP-9000ES for a while. Try it, you might just like it. If not, you can always find some use for the portable". Now you guys have inspired me to try a few different brands, hope I get lucky as some of you did. Thanks for for the helpful info.
I've tried 3 different brands (Best buy Cheapies) of CDRW and ALL worked fine!!! Instead of buying expensive name brand CDR's try the no name generic CDRW's. The difference in price is very little and the CDRW work just fine. I use an HP 9300 CD writer plus.