Sony DVD 7700 or Sony 9000es?

I want to upgrade my DVD player, Which of the two DVD players is the better one?

The Sony DVD 7700 or the Sony 9000es? and why?

Thanks for you're help.

Alex
texas25
I believe the Sony 9000ES is the best they make. True 3-2 pulldown progressive scan, SACD, two sets of outputs, excellent looking...with some mods it can be quite excellent for CD too. I own one.
I agree with Argent the Sony S9000ES is better than the 7700 almost anyway you look at it.
The two big advantages of the S9000ES are Progressive Scanning and SACD. It is a generation ahead of the 7700.
Enough said.
Alex,

I'm assuming this going to be in an audio/video system... I have a 7700, (I upgraded from the 7000).
My monitor is a 4 year old Proton, without progressive scan or component video input. The 7700 looks great S/VHS into my Proton.
Now my local dealer is selling their demo 9000es. Do I buy
it, anticipating a better (HDTV) monitor soon? I haven't decided, but I like the 7700 so much, I won't sell it. I'll
put it in a second video system if need be..

P.S. my dealer replaced their 9000es with a just out progressive scan Toshiba ($300.00 retail!) that has a picture 95% as good as the 9000es...
But it's sure not built like the top Sonys.

I'm an audiophile first, my 2 channel system gets priority, components get upgraded & some old ones get sent to my A/V system.
Having had a 7000, 7700, and now a 9000. I can say without a doubt, the 9000 is much better in everyway. I am not sure how anyone can call the 9000es a lightweight (physically or metaphorically), as it is a very good performing, well-built unit.

To be quite honest, I think the 7000 sounded better than the 7700. I went to the 7700 for the DTS, and I still feel I gave up the better unit on that deal. I have had other manufactures' DVD players in my system, and the 9000 held its own with any of them up to about $4500. BTW, it was its audio, not its video that was bested. Best Regards, Aaron
Just a quick question for the group -- does the 9000ES offer multi-channel SACD audio and has anyone tried it? It looks like it does from what I can tell on the Sony website. These companies ought to make some of the main features of their products more clear.