Speaker cable -no shorter than 8FT? T or F

Mapleshade flyer states speaker cable less than 8 ft long compromise sound. Why? your thoughts?
128x128lolo
Maybe the powered speakers have a bunch of wire INSIDE the cabinet. Y'know, like our heads store all our hair, and when we get old enough we just run out?
Mapleshade also sells tilted speaker stands that they claim will time align your speakers. That's just false advertising, as well as ignorant. Take all their claims with that in mind, even if not all their products stink.
Audioengr:

Sorry I lost track of this thread.

The technical basis was simply that Pierre did not like the sound of his stock cables (most applications) in lengths much longer than what he had spec'd for them. Seems reasonable enough as he basically talked me out of using his product in stock form unless I could shorten the length of the speaker cable runs (think I needed a minimum of 21' then if both runs were to be of equal length).

He mentioned that the 21' runs would work if they did not manufacture my cable in twisted pairs, granted that I both separated the single runs and installed them propely. This was regarding the Double Helix cable they were producing 3-4 years ago. Not certain if this is the same as their current offering.

We did not go into detail as to what he felt were the negative aspects of using his stock product in such long runs.

My current speaker cable which is probaly of a much thinner overall gauge than that of the Double Helix does not perform well in longer runs either. Odd thing is that per feedback from another user of this product the negatives he experienced, with longer runs, were different from those that I experiencd. He had a major drop in volume level where as I only had the HF's roll off a slight bit.

My speakers are approx. double the impedence (16 ohm) and 7 dB more efficient than his. I don't know how to compare our amps to one another as I do not know the spec's for my Bottlehead kit amps.

Anyway, it would seem that the speakers/amp/source output, etc., have some bearing on what does and what does not work well.

Funny thing is that while I was busy routing out more of the subfloor/installing additional wooden channel boxes in our apartment, in order to biamp, my wife walked in and suggested that we just move the electronics to the hallway closet (the closet is located directly behind the speaker wall:-). This is exactly what I ended up doing and it is why we probably need more women in the design/manufacturing part of our hobby. LOL!