Speaker Cable Recommendation

I have the Krell KAV-500 amp and Dynaudio Contour 3.0 speakers. I'd be interested in hearing anybody's opinion on an excellent 3-figure (new or used) set of cables to connect them. I listen to mostly rock/pop, with a fair amount of Jazz thrown in. Also, the next upgrade is going to be for a beefier two-channel Krell amp if that figures into any recommendation somebody might have.
kthomas
Dtranle, for Oval 9: Cable Co (www.fatwyre.com) largest source of audiophile cables and they have lending program to let you try various cables at home, large selection of other misc tweak items. Audio Advisor (www.audioadvisor.com) also carries, along with many other audiophile goodies.....Regards Sam
I myself use the MONSTER SIGMA cables throughout my system. a bit outdated, but still like em after all these years ! I had the chance to listen to the KIMBER BLACK PEARL... an event to listen to really ! fantastic cable, it did some things far better than my SIGMA's for sure ! but for linearity it could not match the SIGMA's. Cables who also impressed me were the NBS ! at a price though ! for the price the KIMBER 8TC is sure a good buy. Succes with your choice !
"Carl-eber" Could you be more specific as to why you don't like the analysis plus oval 9? I've heard nothing but good things about it & was considering trading my A.Q. midnight III. Please advise. [
Either seek out what I've posted in other threads, or better yet, just try it yourself. Your own thoughts on it are all that matter anyway. It might work in your system, but I didn't like its murky distorted-ness and laid back-ness, when compared to many, many other cables in my system. I don't care if everyone else on the planet literally gets a buzz on, just from listening to this cable!........I still heard what I heard. I will also say that the Powersankes Black Mamba cord on my Krell amp brought out the WORST in this Oval 9, and the Synergistic Reference cord brought out the best, but not nearly enough to make the Oval 9 the equal or the better of all the other cables. (So far I do like the Synergisitic over the BM). The thing to note here is that several of the very ones that beat the Oval 9, costed less than it, like the Kimber 8TC, and the MIT Terminator 2. And I'm not talking "added euphony", either, I'm talking accuracy and musicality......................My philosophy is, I want to hear what's on the recording, and that is the highest someone can aspire to with a music system. The others got me much closer, than did the Oval nine. If you think you might need a laid back, soothing and fuzzy speaker cable with pretty adequate dyanmics and bass, then you should definitely try it. It likely would be the perfect match for an overly aggressive system.