Speaker Cable Recommendation

I have the Krell KAV-500 amp and Dynaudio Contour 3.0 speakers. I'd be interested in hearing anybody's opinion on an excellent 3-figure (new or used) set of cables to connect them. I listen to mostly rock/pop, with a fair amount of Jazz thrown in. Also, the next upgrade is going to be for a beefier two-channel Krell amp if that figures into any recommendation somebody might have.
kthomas
I haven't tried the Midnight, but own Dragon Plus. My guess is that Midinight may be similar with regard to transparency, and perhaps more aggressive with attack transients, than was the Oval 9. It's only a guess............A run that long will always be a compromise in my 'pinion, and it will be difficult to try different cables of that length, as you say. I would try doing it a different way, in another room, if possible. I believe that there can be advantages to biwiring, and that it's necessary if your speakers have bi-wire connection. If you don't believe in biwiring, you need to get speakers with single-wire connection.
"nhorton" Thanks for the monoblock suggestion, however I have the wife factor here. All my equipment must be concealed in a antique cabinet. In fact, that's the reason for the long speaker cable run. I had to snake the wires down through the cellar & back up to the cabinet for minimum visabilty. Without to much explanation, long interconnects will not work with my set up either. Believe it or not, long speaker runs don't have nearly as much sonic degregation as it is written. It's just real costly. I'm have'nt tried transparent but MIT has never been my bag. I think it's that network that actually gets in the way of the music. "Carl-eber" You actually don't need a speaker with single wire set up to use a single run. I own a pair of Sonus Faber Electa Amators MKI's & actually got his whole idea from the Sumiko people. By removing the midwoofer, I reposition the hi frequency connections unto the low frequency terminals thus eliminating the use of external jumpers. I'm told that Sonus Faber and many other speaker manufacturers offer their speakers in biwire configuration simply because the market demands it. In other words, most consumers believe any given speaker will sound better if it offers biwire, triwrie, ect. ect. as opposed to single wire configuration (the cable people got to love it). Proofs in the pudding. My speakers do sound better single wired. They offer more resolution in the mids & highs but sacrifice just a tad of bass. Of course I'm sure how the cross over is configured has to come in to play. Mine is fairly simple. Give it a try. You might be pleasantly surprised as I was. It does'nt cost much to make up a cheap set of jumpers if you don't want to pull your speakers a part.
I don't need to try it, because my speakers are single-wire anyway. Also, adding jumpers is one of the worst things you can do, believe me. I'm sorry to hear that you've had to compromise and do all of that work, under your floor, etc. I'm a firm believer in NOT having the living room as the listening room. It's too easy for anyone in the house to pop in and disturb you, and your system must be hidden in order for your wife to accept it (usually). Highend audio isn't about compromise, especially for decor, or anything else! The components cost too much, to even consider making compromises like that, IMO. I tried my system in the living room for a while a couple of years ago, and it was an impossible situation, and that was even without any acoustic treatments. The living room is your "receiving room" for your guests, and thus it will always be extremely compromised as a listening room, and perhaps necessarily so. Get yours out of the living room.
Carl: Point well taken. My guess is your single. I'm married with kids, so compromise is a BIG part of my life. I've been an audiophile for about 25 years now. When I first got married I got out of it. I've been back into it for about 8 years now. It does'nt matter where my system is set up. The agreement between my wife & I is with the exception of the speakers (which must be small: thus I own moniters & a sub), she does'nt want to see any of the gear, regardless of what room it's in. In addition, having my system in the family room allows my company to also enjoy it when they are visiting. When everyone's out of the house, I can fully enjoy my system. This doesn't happen often but when it does, I cherish those moments. Don't get me wrong, marriage & kids are cool too. P.S. I know jumpers are'nt good which is why I made the internal modifications descibed above.
Kimber Select. These speaker cables were a big improvement over the harmonic tech (also good and in fairless, less expensive) speaker cables that I heard. If you have the money (and they aren't cheap) they're as good as I've heard.