Speaker cables of cooper, or silver :Pros/Cons

I have heard the comment many times on AG that speaker cables,and ICs made of silver sound analytical and bright whereas,cables made of cooper are smoother but less detailed,(or warmer) Is there any truth to this claim?? What about cables made of "platinum", or other exotic materials?? From personal expereince Analysis Plus Oval 12(cooper) speaker cable after a long burn-in period did sound smooth and musical. The Audio Magic Spellcaster 2 interconnect(silver) was bright, but possessed excellent dynamics and detail.
sunnyjim
If you have only listened to silver cables such as Kimbers Silver streak then I agree that silver can be harsh and too analytical.

But, Solid Silver that is of high grade, say 5N that is also soft annealed has the smoothness of copper and the air, and dynamic slam of silver.
IMHO.
ozzy
I like Jmcgrogan2's choice of using "transparent" instead of bright to describe silver. I've used the word "honest" to describe silver assuming it's made well (geometry) and has a low absorbtion dialectric (like teflon).

Either one could be best depending on where you want to take your system.

>>>Tpreaves
What's cooper? :)<<<

I'll take a guess and say it's chicken wire. I've heard of people demonstrating that a coat hanger would work so why not cw?

btw and slightly related:

Q: Do you know why a chicken coop has two doors?

A: If it had four doors, they would call it a chicken sedan.

Ba Da Bing.
Thanks to all who have responded so far. The comments are helpful.....including the bad jokes.
In the theme of the original poster: If silver accentuates the highs, does copper strengthen the low notes? If one is looking for a cable material for bass enhancement what whould that be?
-John