Speakers For Rock

I am looking for speakers for rock/pop. My budget is 4000.00. I'm looking for a speaker that is good with rock, does well at the details instead of hints at them, yet at the same time is not fatiguing. The speakers I have in my main system are very good at a lot of things. However, they are not my cup of tea with the kind of music I like. They okay with poor recordings (most rock/pop). I want something that will sound killer with the poor recrodings. From reading the forums, it seems like the Von Schweikert VR 4 jrs may foot the bill. Thoughts? Thanks
128x128kclone
If the WAF is a major consideration, then my suggestion may not go over well - however, I think you should seriously check out Vandersteens. In your price range you could get a new pair of Vandy 3A Signatures with Sound Anchors. The Vandersteens may not be as detailed as you like, but I suggest that you give them a listen. I think they represent a significant value.

I would have bought a pair of 2CE Sigs myself, were it not for the WAF...
I really like my Klipsch Legend Series speakers. They are simply awesome for rock/pop music. I would recommend the KLF-20's or their bigger brother the KLF-30's.

Mike
i have a pair of k2s9800 [cherrywood] for sale, but you would have to increase your budget
I would go with the VR -4 jrs. I had them in house for about 4 months and was surprised how they play all music well. Rock came out the best and sounded deep and rich at extreme high volumes. No brightness at all compared to other speakers at twice the price. Easy to drive too.
Hmmmmm...you want to rock and a speaker that sounds good with todays rock recordings? May I suggest Neat speakers?
Very little known about them here in the US but worth seeking if rock is your thing.