Speakers to hang on to for LIFE

After 9 years with my Proac Response 3s, I recently decided to change speakers. As you can tell, I'm not an upgrade fever patient. I want something I can live with for years & I think the best advice I'm gonna get will be from those who have & are still living with their speakers for an extended period of time. Please tell me why too. Thanks.Bob.
ryllau
I'm thinking these new GMA Calypso's will be around long after i'm gone. My wife made the comment the other day "Well, i'll never have to purchase speakers again as long as I live" I'm not one to argue with the little woman. Anybody else breaking in a pair of these?
If you are one of the lucky guys to have 1 of the 20 pairs in the world, dont sell them cause chances are youll never find one again.
Von Schweikert VR-8. At 1000lbs for the pair this figures in there as well as bringing the concert home.
I just acquired a Golden Tube Audio MK-II integrated amp. I too have had my Celestion speakers forever. Since this is my first tube amp, does anyone have any experience with Celestion speakers and tube amps of 50 watts? I was thinking of selling my Celestions for a newer set of more effiecent speakers.

Any thoughts or suggestions on how difficult a load the celestions put on a tube amp.

Also any recomendations for a new set of monitor speakers under $1000?