Spectron Musician III - Can anyone comment on it?

I am currently on the hunt for a pair of amplifiers that have massive peak power capability with excellent micro dynamics and neutral presentation. I am driving a pair of Martin Logan Statement E2's

The Spectron Musician has been reviewed exceptionally well everywhere I looked and seems to fit the bill but I just can't get over 25 years of snobbery telling me to avoid switching amps because linear amps just sound better and, hey, the name on the faceplate ain't Krell or Mark Levinson!

Can I PLEASE get a few people with experience listening to these amps tell me why I should or shouldn't buy them?

I desperately want to buy a pair of the BAT VK-600SE's since I own mostly all BAT equipment but to produce, say, 110db peaks one would comfortably need several thousands watts of power in the bucket to meet the challenge. I don't think the BAT amps have that under the hood.

Advice?
sashua
Hi Ted,

Thanks for the bottom line on those conversations. It looks like I'll have to go for the monos. I just loved the description of the Bybee upgrade - palpable, best tube attributes, etc. But hey, we all reach our limits. Bybee's can later be put elsewhere in the system. I've seen the concept of inverting distortion and having it cancel itself out before inside of dual mono amplifiers - it looks like Spectron accomplishes this at the speaker. If so, it makes sense that the mono benefits would go beyond one amp with any upgrades, as those distortions are there, but just less with various upgrades. Thanks again!
Hello Chicago-phile,

Be patient. If you can reach monoblocks the grab it. Later on if you have a good dealer you will be able to upgrade to Bybees - its low labor cost so it should not be ezxtremely expenseve Regarding v-caps - ask Simon Thacher of Spectron (818.435.2090) to help you to find substitute for V-cap by off-shelf inexpesnive tweaks, he knows this amp in and out and you will almost get to monoblocks with upgrades.

All The Best
Rafael
Chicago, I have the V-cap and Bybee upgrades and the sound coming out is mind blowingly wonderful. Regarding palpablity...you get in spades! I would strongly urge that you talk to Simon at Spectron and get his take of the two different options. That is just my IMHO.

By the way, I have a BAT REX and the BAT top of their line cd player coming. If you guys are interested I'll let you know how that works out.
Bostonbean, what speakers are you using with these. I have read the Rex is suppose to be a really nice max-up what are you using currently.