squeezebox versus airport express

In todays New York Times, David Pogue writes a glowing review of "Squeezebox", a wireless devise to stream from a computer to your stereo.

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/02/09/technology/circuits/09pogue.html

Presently I do this with Airport express which I find satisfactory. Do the bells and whistles of squeeze box make it a must have in favor of the airport?
fidelio101
I have had QOS issues using a SB wirelessly that I have not been able to resolve. It's a clever little device, however.
The big problem with AEX and, I think, SB in wireles mode is that it is all dependent on radio environment. I think both use 802.11 or related protocols in the 2.4 GHz band, which is pretty crowded (includes microwave ovens, some cordless phones, bluetooth...) and doesn't have great penetration through walls. And, there are only a few channels available for 802.11b--there are only three available channels, 1, 6 and 11. While you can set a device to a channel inbetween, you are really then overlapping two channels, and your performance is probably worst. I'd start with Ch. 6--I think Ch. 1 is the default setting (so lots operating there by, well, "default") and Ch. 11 is closest to the fundamental frequency of your microwave oven--which is probably a whopping 500 W, compared to your 100mW or so WiFi device.

When you get interference, the throughput of the system gets ratcheted down to where it becomes more reliable. While max data rates for 11b are nominally 11mbps, in the face of conflicting uses, it drops to 5.5, then 2, then 1... Plus, you have to subtract about 30-40% for overhead, since it uses what amounts to an aloha protocol.

Bottom line, what works for some wirelessly may not work for others. Going to be highly dependent on what else is running nearby, how many walls you go through, how well set up your network is, etc.
Just so there is no confusion, the apple airport base station and express are both upgradable as well.