SRA VR vs. Ohio

I'm on the verge of investing in some vibration isolation platforms for my system. I use one digital box, a two chasis tube pre, mono SS amps, and speakers that have an outboard bass control so I would need 6 pieces in total. That would be some serious $$ if I went with all Ohio Base plus. I'm sure there are plenty out there who own the VR series and the Ohio Plus, so my question is, what differences do you notice between the two, and what components do you use with which?

I'm thinking about starting with all 6 VRs initially then trade up to a Ohios one at a time, starting with the mono amps, in a year or two but welcome any comments or suggestions.

Thanks.
speeddeacon
Tom,

That's pretty funny. It remains true. The combination of SRA resonance isolation and a dedicated AV circuit system separate from the rest of the house beginning at the meter gives each component the ability to perform as well as it can. I also suspect that there may be a greater difference with well-designed but less expensive components because a lot of what you get as you go up the cost scale in high end is better isolation within the component and better power supplies.

That said, I'm still amazed at the difference cables can make even in my system.

I recently bought a cable cooker and have just gotten around to cooking my power cables. The difference is not quite as great as with signal cables, but it is still immediately noticeable. Not sure why cooking power cables improves the sound of the system, but it definitely has.

My room is pretty good acoustically, I have not addressed room acoustic treatments yet. Acoustics is such a black and difficult to predict art, I hesitate to address it at all.

Best,

Ed
Sorry, this is a bit off topic: does any of you know the TAOC soundboards? I'm using two of them under my CD transport and DAC and I must say that they don't muddy or thin out the sound but bring along real improvements (more transparency, tighter bass and greater presence). They are quite affordable too, unlike the SRA Ohio XL bases.

Chris
OEM - I have four VR series platforms

turntable, cd player, amp, preamp

the change was dramatic, my jaw was on the floor

can't even imagine what the Ohio sounds like

start with one component if you like
It took all the stress and slight lack of resolve out of my cd player (audio aero prima) to where I no longer was looking for an upgrade, and did cumulative wonders with my moscode and dodd (amp and preamp)

you might start there

those that have ohio grade - would like to hear your comments

thanks
I absolutely love the look of the Craz racks (the double wide is what I'd like to have) but they are out of my price range. Does anyone know of any racks with similar good looks and reasonable sonic performance but at more modest price points? It's the wood frame that I like as my system is in our living room.