Srangest ,most out there sounding music

Whats really thrown you for a loop!
128x128raytheprinter
Ornett Coleman. I listen to his stuff every so often thinking I'm going to get it, I still don't.
Sonny
Todd Rundgren "A Wizard a True Star" first time I heard "Dogfight Giggle" is a moment in time Ill never forget,,
I think this is very culturally relative. When I first heard classical music from Vietnam, Thailand, and Burma, the microtonal scales and rhythmic meters really threw me. But after repeated exposure to it, I found that it no longer seemed so strange. But man, talk about strange looks when someone walks in and hears southeast asian music playing at work. "Pat Waing: The Magic Drum Circle of Burma" on the Shanachie label is a very interesting cd of contemporary Burmese percussion music played on a 21 drum ensemble.
Most any John Cage will fit in here, but the antithesis of silence is a piece called "Solo for Voice 22, Theatre with Electronics (from Songbooks, 1970)". It is a duet of sorts that involves electronically filtered sounds of breathing and sniffing. It actually has a written score that dictates when and where motifs of irregular vs. regular breathing through mouth and/or nose are to be administered. It is hard to imagine that it was written with a clear mind.
Can't remember the exact album, but an old Pink Floyd song that I heard called..."Several Species of Small Furry Animals Gathered Together in a Cave & Grooving with a Pict"

by far the strangest I have ever heard

Ellery