Still mystified by mega expensive power cords

AC travels miles from the substation, enters my house, goes into a panel, then runs to my hifi equipment. Once inside the equipment it goes through whatever wiring the manufacturer used. I don't understand how the few feet from the outlet to the back of the gear can make some of the dramatic changes claim (low end goes down another octave, deeper wider soundstage, etc). My thought is that as long as the power cord is shielded so that it's not working like an antenna, properly grounded, and of sufficient guage so that you're not loosing juice to heat, and has contacts that make a solid connection, any power cable should sound like the next, especially since the AC coming in is rectified and smoothed.

I'm not looking for flames, but for those that believe in power cables, enlighten me. Or said another way, can that $11,000 plus power cable I saw today possiblet do more than fatten the manufacturer's wallet?
128x128zavato
Tjassoc, I would add one more factor in your sources of contamination of our ac lines, namely power companies using the power lines for communications. I have seen the modulations on an oscilloscope.

I would add one new factor to what might be used to cleanup the contamination, not ferrite beads, but rather Hitachi FineMet beads. Thanks to a friend with ties to Japan, I have heard the impact of these on the resolution I get in my audio from putting a short power cord pigtail with beads on the three conductors. It is totally awesome. Occasionally, you can find these beads at surplus shops on Ebay. That is where mine came from. Hopefully, there will soon be a source to get pigtails or powercord with such beads.
@ Tjassoc, Hi, I need your help here on a thread called, the future of pre-amps on the amp threads, I am talking to engineers!, your language, thou you make it simple for me, you can par to your fullest in conversation there to help explain what I am saying, whether I am right are wrong, an interpreter if you will?, my new post should show up by sunday, if they are dated the 14th or after, chime in if you will, thankyou.
Audiolabyrinth,

I've been trying to get to finish reading the thread you mentioned. Please be patient with me and I should get to it sometime next week.

Kindest regards, TJF.
@ Tjassoc, Hi Thankyou, no hurry, I will look for you there when you are ready.