suggest laptop for music storage

Can you please suggest a small inexpensive laptop? It must be easy to use, and easy to set up. The Mac or pc’s sole function would be for music storage; it must have remote control to control music selection and volume. I plan to go usb dac to amplifier.
I would like download music to it in the best quality format.
hemihorn
Unless there's something I'm unaware of, you're not going to be able to use WMA in anything but a Windows environment. Of course, if you buy one of the new dual core Macs that runs Bootcamp, you can get around that problem. However, then the "inexpensive" part of the equation is shot. I think you're better of sticking with a Mac lossless codec or WAV files. Hard drive storage is cheap and getter cheaper, so I'd do something like Marco suggests.

Will this work with a Mac

In theory, it should, as there is a Windows Media Player for Mac. I have found that WMP for Mac does not play every codec that WMP for Windows does -- but you would think that it would play WMA.

The other thing that would concern me about this service is that the WMA files are rights managed. So, unlike files you rip from a CD, you won't be able to play these files on a device that doesn't support WMA. There may be additional restrictions on the ability to copy the files to a second HDD.

I agree with Jeffreybowman2k that an iBook G3 or, preferably, a G4 would be a good place to start but there would be less risk in buying one from one of the online sites that specializes in used and refurbished Apple laptops, like powermax.com or macreviewzone.com than from ebay.
Originally, there were compelling reasons to go with MAC, but with Vista and the new music servers and USB converters with "driverless" firmware, there is no difference. In fact, there is an advantage to PC because of better upsamplers. If you use the Adobe upsampler, they are equal though.

STeve N.
Empirical Audio
I defer to Steve N., who obviously is an authority on these matters.

Steve: the OP indicated that he would be using a USB DAC. Given that, how much do the audio drivers and upsamplers really matter as b/w Windows Vista and Max OSX? If using an external USB DAC mitigates any difference in drivers and upsamplers, then I suppose it gets back to which format -- PC or Mac -- is a more stable, user friendly environment as a music server. Although I have used foobar, EAC, and others on a PC, I like itunes used on a mac as the best available option in terms of reliability and ease of use.