Synergistic Red Fuse ...

I installed a SR RED Quantum fuse in my ARC REF-3 preamp a few days ago, replacing an older high end fuse. Uhh ... for a hundred bucks, this little baby is well worth the cost. There was an immediate improvement upon installation, but now that its broken in (yes, no kidding), its quite remarkable. A tightening of the focus, a more solid image, and most important of all for my tastes, a deeper appreciation for the organic sound of the instruments. Damn! ... cellos sound great! Much improved attack on pianos. More humanistic on vocals. Bowed bass goes down forever. Next move? .... I'm doing the entire system with these fuses. One at a time though just to gauge the improvement in each piece of equipment. The REF-75se comes next. I'll report the results as the progression takes place. Stay tuned ...

Any comments from anyone else who has tried these fuses?
128x128oregonpapa
To Frank and Charles 1:

Thank you for the kind words. I do hope all audiophiles who are reading this thread will try and attend the LA Audio Show this June 2-3-4 (Friday thru Sunday. It is a great opportunity to see and hear a lot of great equipment and perhaps as importantly meet the people who design and build this equipment. Also there will be playing live, a fabulous 16 piece jazz Big Band the  "BBB ". This band will be playing some serious swinging jazz that is now nearly impossible to hear live.

Mother is doing quite well with continued upgrading of her system! Not many 93 year olds use a computer based system streaming music thru an Antelope DAC to a type 45 tube amp. She does however wonder what Charles 1 does with all that extra power his  300B amp puts out (her amp max output is 1.5 watts!).

David Pritchard
Lenny Breau should be included in any discussion of astonishing guitar players (I know his brother Denny from the Maine music scene and he’s why I know of Lenny other than simply having heard of him). He really deserves a listen if you don’t know the guy, and utterly worth a trip to Youtube as his technique is mind blowing.

Also note that "special" supposedly transformative audiophile fuses are silly and unnecessary, and you can insure the fuse in your rig is doing all that needs to be done, or CAN be done by a fuse (it’s a fuse…a "tiny little wire" in a tube that’s there to melt if necessary…that’s its only job), by simply cleaning the fuse contacts from time to time. This information will save you time and money that can be spent elsewhere on something that actually matters, and this should end the "fuse" part of this thread. I look forward to seeing if it does.
I will look into the music of Lenny Breau. He sadly had a short and tragic life, found dead in à Los Angeles apartment roof swimming pool at age 43. To this day rumors persist,  suicide or homicide? Some similarities to Chet Baker's demise. 
Charles 
Thanks for the rec wolf Lenny Breau is queued up next "The Hallmark Sessions".
Hi Jond, 
 Let me know what you think of Breau's playing style and music.
Charles