Tekton Double Impacts

Anybody out there heard these??

I have dedicated audio room 14.5x20.5x9 ft.  Currently have Marantz Reference CD/Intergrated paired to Magnepan 1.7's with REL T-7 subs.  For the vast majority of music I love this system.  The only nit pick is that it is lacking/limited in covering say below 35 hz or so.  For the first time actually buzzed the panel with an organ sacd. Bummer.  Thought of upgrading subs to rythmicks but then I will need to high pass the 1.7's.  Really don't want to deal with that approach.

Enter the Double Impacts.  Many interesting things here.  Would certainly have a different set of strengths here.  Dynamics, claimed bottom octave coverage in one package, suspect a good match to current electronics.

I've read all the threads here so we do not need to rehash that.  Just wondering if others out there have FIRST HAND experience with these or other Tekton speakers

Thanks.
corelli
@doctorsubie: 2 months on, and I do not have the grills I ordered.

Congratulations!!! Let us know more detailed impressions once you have had some time with your DIs.

Also, I'm curious about how the center works for you? I had originally planned on the DIs for HT paired with an OPPO 205 and possibly an Anthem AVM 60 and/or a Classe Sigma SSP MkII; and NAD M27. I've decided to focus on 2ch for now, given how amazing the DIs were in my system. Center channel is on hold until I have a better feel for Eric's new offerings.
@vitop: I’m surprised you are replacing your JL Audio subs. Will they be on hand when the new subs come in so you can get a feel for comparative impressions? I like the sound of "they Will Be my system" !!!

I’m planning on making the hike to Orem when I am in Colorado, which is likely in July or August.

@333jeffery: Thanks for the additional information on the BHK Signature Preamp. Sounds like a perfect match for your system. I’m auditioning the Pass XP-20 and it does pretty much what you and Mac have shared. Like I said, the BHK 250 was something I should have gone for. The reviews of it paired with the matching (and your) Preamp are all very, very positive.

@contuzzi: Why??? And pay the 100% markup. Just order them. Yes, there is a cost to re-ship if they don’t work for you, but in my opinion, the only way to get a feel for gear is to listen within your own system and 60 days is a good bit of listening. : )
Thanks to everyone who have replied to my humble post; I didn't start this thread, but my resurgence into my audiophile hobby led me to research the DIs, and so far so good...

I think my next move will be heavier duty room treatments, as my room is quite 'lively' with a lot of 'slap echoes'...

I can't give much of an opinion on the matching Tekton DI center channel--still haven't used it for movies yet; at least sonically, they match the mains, so we will see...
David:
Your system is going to be very close to mine. I have an AVM60 and will probably go with the NAD M27. I have the Oppo 203.

I agree -- I am going out on a limb with the JL Audio subs. They are really excellent. No complaints whatsoever. I think some of the best subs made. Eric told me his would be faster and better matched to the speakers. Yes, I will have both for a short while and I am definitely going to compare.
As far as the center, that is where the majority of the dialogue comes from and I focused on that during my listening session.

First, I LOVE ribbons and electrostats. I am getting older and am going to have to move to something smaller and so I am getting rid of my 2 channel setup which I never use since it sits upstairs and want to just go to a HT that also plays music excellent.

My two channel speakers are Apogee Stage speakers which just sit there. I thought about making them my left and right for HT, but they are too wide and I don't know what I would do for the center. But that's the kind of open sound I like.

I made it a point to listen to some badly recorded movie dialogue and wanted to hear the Legacy speakers both because they have an excellent reputation and they have that super ribbon tweeter.

I listened to the Signatures and the DI's. It took literally 10 seconds to determine (at least to my ears) that the Signatures were not in the same league as the DI even though they cost around $7000.

So then I moved to the Focus speakers which I want to say are about $11000. I really liked their sound and they are finished very nicely. This was more of a fair fight. I thought they were very close even though the DI speakers were not broken in. The Legacys supposedly get compared to speakers twice their cost and here a set of $3000 speakers was right there with them.

I used the Legacy Silhouette Center with the Legacy Audio Signatures. The sound was great. I put in the movie soundtrack and it sounded very good to me. As good as my memory told me that the Paradigm Persona sounded on them (wish they were there for a head to head).

Dave did not have a Tekton center so we had to move one of the DI speakers over to do the center duty and the Focus speakers were the sides. Not the best, but my real priority was to see how the dialogue sounded through that tweeter array versus a really good ribbon.

I thought the DI did an even better job than the Focus did, but I have to admit that it was close. The Focus speakers are no joke. But they are about 3X the cost and I still think the DI speakers are just a little better. You can't go wrong with either, but with the cost difference, I just don't think there was a real comparison. You can make the argument that the Focus are better looking - and they are, but too big a difference in cost.

Plus, in a HT, when you think that you have to buy the surrounds and the centers, all of the cost difference really adds up. The surrounds that sounded as good as the Focus for me were the Calibre and they are $5500 a pair and large. They sound great. but you take a look at what a HT with Legacy will cost and what a Tekton will cost for the same or better sound, and it made it easy. Plus, I am sure the double tweeter array will be even better.