Tekton Double Impacts

Anybody out there heard these??

I have dedicated audio room 14.5x20.5x9 ft.  Currently have Marantz Reference CD/Intergrated paired to Magnepan 1.7's with REL T-7 subs.  For the vast majority of music I love this system.  The only nit pick is that it is lacking/limited in covering say below 35 hz or so.  For the first time actually buzzed the panel with an organ sacd. Bummer.  Thought of upgrading subs to rythmicks but then I will need to high pass the 1.7's.  Really don't want to deal with that approach.

Enter the Double Impacts.  Many interesting things here.  Would certainly have a different set of strengths here.  Dynamics, claimed bottom octave coverage in one package, suspect a good match to current electronics.

I've read all the threads here so we do not need to rehash that.  Just wondering if others out there have FIRST HAND experience with these or other Tekton speakers

Thanks.
corelli
@shadorne 

I will admit to venturing a guess here.

There is but one person finding your recent posts of any value.

LP
Dear Shadorne,

Respectfully, you're car analogy is flawed. Here's an accurate comparison and frankly it's how I roll, design, think, live, and create. 

The link below contains a car that costs $99K than anyone can own. This car is built less than 2 miles from my facility - I see the cars on the road here. This car, in the hands of the right team owner and driver will go toe-to-toe with every multi-million dollar super car ever built - period - end of the discussion!

http://www.kirkhammotorsports.com/products427kms.shtml

Personally, I want to go as fast as hell and I want to do it right; for this purpose... there's nothing better. This car costs $100K and a super Ferrari costs $3,000,000. What gives??!! I say Ferrari has it ALL WRONG not Kirkham. Furthermore, I could literally bolt in a lightweight aluminum power-plant producing in excess of 1600 horsepower into this car for and additional $95K - for a total investment under $200K. I could do all of the work alone, and I could do it in a day or two of labor. Respectfully, what would you guess a 1600bhp Ferrari engine would set a guy back... and could he do the work alone?!

The above analogy is spot-on and it's how I approach audio. In other words... no one needs to spend crazy money to get the best sound out there.   

Have a fantastic weekend!

Eric Alexander - audio designer   
I guess a car is not the right analogy.
how abot wine.
subjective, different taste... use same grape, same region.
i may enjoy more a Joseph Phelps than a screamin Eagle.
i may simply find a wine maker of great talent doing his magic and creating a wine that many people prefer over the $2,000 bottle and pay $25.
Agreed, wine too is another perfect analogy. When YG Acoustic ran their "best sounding speaker on earth" campaign 10 years ago I called him on it (through emails) and I used the wine analogy. I felt it was like a wine producer saying: "I simply make the best tasting wine on earth - period". Furthermore, I asked him: "if you make the best sounding speaker on earth which one is it...?? After all, you have no fewer than 3 speaker models." When you say you have the best sounding speaker on earth it  must be one single model, right? The dialog between us progressed and we each agreed upon a head-to-head winner-take-all shootout. I'm ready to go on my end, but it hasn't happened.   

Like wine sound is so subjective. Some of us are musicians and we know what live sound is because we live it and we crave this exact sound reproduced in our hi-fi systems. On the opposite end of the spectrum, some audiophiles prefer a warm, liquid, fluid presentation; this is so far removed from real live dynamic music, yet it's such a beautiful expression of art.  

Eric Alexander - audio designer    
I will come to the defense of @shadorne  's post for a number of reasons most of which I sincerely believe (my opinion) are for the benefit of this thread and those who own Tekton speakers, and not the post per se.

He clearly makes the comparison of high value vs absolute performance, which is evident in the first post. I think all of us can agree on this, whether a car analogy is used or not.

It is fair of us to ask him to elaborate and for those so inclined, who expect more, to substantiate. He did. His position is a general one. Nothing wrong with that. Many active here have made similar general statements about any number of topics / components / etc. and some even based on a lack of first hand or in-depth experience (but on experience of the field). These don't get challenged simply because they have been supportive.

His post generated a natural and understandable reflex --- I have no problem with that and I do understand it and why it happens --- but I do wonder how we ultimately benefit when those following (which is far, far greater than those posting) hesitate from participating when it is clear what the natural reaction to posts that question these speakers, or issues around it, will elicit?

It's also obvious that some who were previously active here and collaborated to the greater good of this thread are conspicuously absent of late.

Our behaviour, and I include all posting here, drives the evolution of this thread.

I personally would like to learn from those who do not see or hear things the way I do. The only way I see this being possible is to be open and not as reactive as all of us have at times been, myself included.