Tekton Double Impacts

Anybody out there heard these??

I have dedicated audio room 14.5x20.5x9 ft.  Currently have Marantz Reference CD/Intergrated paired to Magnepan 1.7's with REL T-7 subs.  For the vast majority of music I love this system.  The only nit pick is that it is lacking/limited in covering say below 35 hz or so.  For the first time actually buzzed the panel with an organ sacd. Bummer.  Thought of upgrading subs to rythmicks but then I will need to high pass the 1.7's.  Really don't want to deal with that approach.

Enter the Double Impacts.  Many interesting things here.  Would certainly have a different set of strengths here.  Dynamics, claimed bottom octave coverage in one package, suspect a good match to current electronics.

I've read all the threads here so we do not need to rehash that.  Just wondering if others out there have FIRST HAND experience with these or other Tekton speakers

Thanks.
corelli
@mac48026 I did put out my back lifting the special pp. those transformers Aric uses are no joke. I’m glad you found enchantment with the set. While I do listen to acoustic most of my listening is rock or large dynamic orchestrations. It’s pushing all the right buttons for me. Please share the review when it comes out. I know I’m sold on what I’m hearing and will not be making a change but it is interesting to read what others have to say.
@mlapenta
Down to 20Khz ..?
Surely you mean down to 20hz
khz means 1000 hertz.
The k is 1000
Double Impact is down to 20hz
Electron SE is down to 30hz
Well, "Shoot me in the foot with a rubber band!!!" I had the dang speaker cables into the 8ohm output instead of the 4ohm. Um, yeah. I feel stupid now. The sound is amazing (unless it's the placebo effect, but I don't think it is) I'm pretty picky and I think I would be truthful with myself. The sound is way more full range with appropriate base, mid and high. And to think, ha, I ordered the KT120s from Absolute Sound this morning. So yeah, probably going to have base up the wazou now. I'm so stupid.
Positive Feedback Writer's Choice Awards 2018....

Victor Chavira: Tekton Design Impact Monitor

"Rarely does an audio component cause me to completely reevaluate my ideas and experience about our musical hobby. The Tekton Design Impact Monitor is such a product. With its unconventional ring of one-inch dome drivers operating down to 1 kHz, the Impact Monitor projects an open, detailed, and dynamic sound commensurate with speakers of $10,000 or more. The Impact Monitors are near full range stand mount speakers that produce deep, articulate, and balanced bass in my 20' by 13' living room. With its 95 dB sensitivity rating, I found the Double Impact's exemplary macro and micro dynamic responsiveness highly engaging. My stalwart 60 watts Bel Canto C7R integrated ($3000) paired very well and reinvigorated the listening experience in my home. Furthermore, having recently been connected to an $8000 20-watts tube integrated for several weeks, the Double Impacts revealed unparalleled harmonic nuance, depth of resolution, and emotional expressiveness. Approached with an open mind, the Tekton Double Impact Monitors will reward the listener with hours upon hours of musical enjoyment as they have for me during the last six months. Therefore, I positively confer my 2018 Writer's Choice to the Tekton Design Impact Monitor speakers with distinction."

https://positive-feedback.com/audio-discourse/the-15th-annual-positive-feedback-writers-choice-award...

Positive Feedback Writer's Choice Awards 2018....

Steve Lefkowicz: Tekton Design Impact Monitor

"This is the third Tekton Design speaker that I've given a Writer's Choice award in the last six years. Simply put, Tekton's designer Eric Alexander just keeps designing speakers that hit every major point that I hold important in a set of speakers, and at prices that a self-avowed bargain hunter like me can appreciate. Though I didn't review the Tekton Impact Monitors, I did get to live with the review set that Victor Chavira wrote about in Issue 98 (HERE) or a few months.

Though viewed as small speakers in comparison to Tekton's larger floor standing models, the Impact Monitor is no mini-monitor, but very much in that traditional near-two-cubic-foot size. They may look much like the top two feet of the Double Impact, but use different drivers and port arrangement. They of course use Tekton's patented tweeter array, where the six outer drivers are driven as a super lightweight midrange driver (above about 1000Hz) with only the center tweeter used for the highest frequencies.

Highly efficient like all Tekton speakers, I used amplifiers from 15 to 100 wpc (both solid state and tube) with great results. Like the larger Double Impact that I gave my award to last year, the Impact Monitor excels in the categories of detail retrieval, natural tonality, dynamic expression and sound-staging. Maybe not so surprising, these speakers were solid into the mid 30 Hz range in my room, and needed no subwoofer for any music I chose to play. In many ways, they may actually perform better in my room than the Double Impact.

What more can you ask for?"

https://positive-feedback.com/audio-discourse/the-15th-annual-positive-feedback-writers-choice-award...