The best acoustic guitar recordings??

I'm looking for some great acoustic recordings. Any ideas?
rdylan
Lots of good ideas here, but if your taste runs to pop and/or rock music, I might add:

Richard Thompson is my favorite acoustic guitar player in the pop/rock sphere, but most of his best records mix acoustic and electric guitar tracks. Beeswing and Vinvent Black Lightning are probably his best known acoustic tracks, but there are many, many more. The box set "Watching The Dark" is a treasure trove and much of it is nicely recorded.

Some of the Dick's Picks live Greatful Dead recordings feature wonderful playing and certainly have their following.

Lindsay Buckingham's last record was mostly acoustic and certainly worth hearing. Marshall Crenshaw's "Greatest Hits-Live Acoustic" is a wonderful record and "Neck and Neck" by Mark Knopler/Chet Atkins is great, too. Both David Lindley and Los Lobos have put out some wonderful acoustic guitar-centric recordings, but again, none of these are "pure" acoustic solo as oft cited above.

Good Luck
How about Blind Willie Johnson "Dark was the night cold was the ground" (1927).

By the way, I DETEST "Friday Night in San Francisco", with Al DiMeola, John McLaughlin, and Paco DeLucia. I saw the NY concert at Carnegie Hall. It was awful. Unmusical show-off nonsense.
"Some of the Dick's Picks live Greatful Dead recordings feature wonderful playing and certainly have their following"

Good point. Garcia was a fine acoustic guitarist. Most re-mastered Dead CDs I've heard sound pretty good. "American Beauty" and "Ripple" specifically, is the classic place to start for someone new to the many acoustic ensemble works by the Dead.
Lots of acoustic guitar in all of Nick Drake's stuff, along with the melancholic vocals.