The best speaker you ever heard?

In my opinion, the speaker is by far the most important part of the audio system. After all, it is the only part you hear. OK, the other stuff really matters a lot, but without a great speaker... No go.

I am a bit 'speaker-obsessed' I guess, and now I am wondering: What are the best speakers you have ever heard, and what made them the best?
njonker
Probably the Von Schweikert VR-11 or VR-9 (I own the VR-9). The VR-11s have the slight edge in scale and ease of presentation, by virtue of their much bigger size, but they need a lot of space to really sound their best. The 9s, though, were better in imaging, intimacy, and overall user friendliness and flexibility. Either way, the two are the best speakers I've ever heard, and I've owned the Kharma Midi Exquisites and heard many more elite speakers, including the Alon Exotica Grand Reference, Kharma Exquisite 1Ds, and various Avalons. They VSAs just don't exhibit any real weaknesses.
Hands down JBL K2. Used to think it was a toss up with the B/W 801 and Infinity Beta. Then I heard the K2's. Damm!!!
I just heard the ne B&W N802D's with Mcintosh seperates...holy f--kin sh-t!!!
Wilson X2 alexandria, bar none (heard with spectral electronics and emm front end...and I am a vinylophile). Before that it was the somewhat obscure Platinum Audio Air Pulse.
kkbt61, have you also heard the JBL Paragon? Two "experts" have told me it is superior to the K2s.