The best speaker you ever heard?

In my opinion, the speaker is by far the most important part of the audio system. After all, it is the only part you hear. OK, the other stuff really matters a lot, but without a great speaker... No go.

I am a bit 'speaker-obsessed' I guess, and now I am wondering: What are the best speakers you have ever heard, and what made them the best?
njonker
Dmurfet

Drop by the Apogee speaker users forum, we have members in the UK that will be more than happy to let you do just that. We have members all over Europe with many Apogee models for that matter. BTW, A pair of one of the best ever Apogees (Scintilla) is on Ebay/Europe as I type...they look to be in great shape!

Dave
Duane,

I don't give two hoots what you think of Klipsch Cornwalls. I just know I like them. Go stuff your head in your favorite speaker and don't knock my mine.

Larry
Hi, my Dad has asked me to sell his DQ20i's for him and I have no idea what they are worth. They were purchsed in the mid 80's and are all black.
pls e-mail erinb007@yahoo.com
Thanks,
Erin
Larry, didn't mean to upset you. I was pointing out that there are several ingredients to a live performance that remind us of the event. When a sound system reproduces the one or two things that are most important to you then you are happy and to people that like Klipsch it's dynamics. I am cursed with the fact that it takes 15 ingredients for me and when that is the case it costs tens of thousands to get dynamics with it.

I have been listening to equipment that is so good for so long that almost everything on the market is not good enough. Nothing personal.

By the way, you don't have to know how to spell to listen to music. I went to public school. :-)