The best speaker you ever heard?

In my opinion, the speaker is by far the most important part of the audio system. After all, it is the only part you hear. OK, the other stuff really matters a lot, but without a great speaker... No go.

I am a bit 'speaker-obsessed' I guess, and now I am wondering: What are the best speakers you have ever heard, and what made them the best?
njonker
the best I like are the vintage B@W Matrix 800 With a good amp they sound great and look great
@ 68pete, I've read that some B&W insiders themselves still claim that the Matrix 800 flagship model still stands as the best speaker that B&W have ever produced. I've never had the opportunity to audition that model but it must sound superb.
Livingvoice speakers r great i heared them last may in munich on the high end -- gorgeous sound
hehehe still love my classe DR8+DR5 with JBL 4312E or JBL L50 maybe goin to buy the Apogee Centaurus Slant6 one guy offer to me for a nice price
best regards from Hamburg -Germany
Wally
Well for the money I believe the Chapman T-7 speaker blows away anything in its range....and I have been enjoying its ability to play ANY style or type of music. I like the sound not the gadgets that get in the way of the sound....simple is best.
The ones i own : USHER AUDIO BE-10.
The DMD tweeter is the best tweeter ever made.
The Beryllium driver is holographic and emotional
The Eton bass driver is tight, controlled, and abyssal

The BE-10 is the most natural speaker i ever auditioned...