The best speaker you ever heard?

In my opinion, the speaker is by far the most important part of the audio system. After all, it is the only part you hear. OK, the other stuff really matters a lot, but without a great speaker... No go.

I am a bit 'speaker-obsessed' I guess, and now I am wondering: What are the best speakers you have ever heard, and what made them the best?
njonker
I have heard the ATC SCM 100 on 2 occasions, and it really is a destination speaker. Of course, it goes without saying that there are many others.
With all ayre and it wasn't top of line. Just so musical. I have heard many of the esoteric stuff over the years and many are very revealing etc but I want honest and musical. I listen to live music all the Time and want to hear it the way it sounds at a venue. I think too often we get wrapped up in the equipment and not the music. I've been a tube guy most of my audio life and that's since I was 11 or so. I'm now 53 and the hearing is still good. I'm hoping to get to audio connection to meet Richard Vandersteen and hear his new amp with the 7's. I have a feeling it will be quite the treat. I'm about to purchase the Treo's as I was blown away by them. Naturally relaxed but still detailed and not rolled off. I can't afford more bass as that's where so much of all the extra dollars go for in speakers.