The Science of Cables

It seems to me that there is too little scientific, objective evidence for why cables sound the way they do. When I see discussions on cables, physical attributes are discussed; things like shielding, gauge, material, geometry, etc. and rarely are things like resistance, impedance, inductance, capacitance, etc. Why is this? Why aren’t cables discussed in terms of physical measurements very often?

Seems to me like that would increase the customer base. I know several “objectivist” that won’t accept any of your claims unless you have measurements and blind tests. If there were measurements that correlated to what you hear, I think more people would be interested in cables. 

I know cables are often system dependent but there are still many generalizations that can be made.
128x128mkgus
@jsautter, too idealistic my friend. All through history wrong words in the wrong place had to power to get you killed. Nothing different today. 

Most Audiogon posters are relatively civilised and tolerant. Thus we are able to converse freely and  rationally as a result. To a point.
Pretty significant difference between overly sensitive people and those with serious grievances/concerns. Tolerance has sunk to the level of absurdity and our ability to converse freely is a freedom which may soon be gone. 
taras22,

"Flowing lava" did not refer to your cables in particular. It was just an imaginary thing instead of writing "all those complicated and marvelous descriptions of cable constructions that manufacturers present in order to justify their existence, attract potential customers, and distance their products from competitors’". I understand you may be a little more sensitive about this topic than an ordinary person would be, but do not think that every word ever written is about you and against you. Actually, a little later, I happily gave benefit of the doubt to your cables. In fact, they are really an interesting concept that I mention from time to time to describe how people try to change usual ways in this field.

Have you ever thought that maybe it is not all of them, but one of you? If your message is not coming through and deniers, or whatever they can be called, are not switching sides that quickly, my guess about the reasons for it may be slightly more accurate than yours. I am not bragging, I am trying to let you know that not everyone out here/there is out to get you. You do not need to attack people all the time thinking how you will get them first. Toning it down may bring you more ears willing to listen to you and more overall happiness. Simply and simplistically so.
I have decided to be a all out denier on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
A believer in everything anyone says on Wednesdays and Fridays.
"Who cares" on Mondays and Saturdays,
Reserving Sundays for actually thinking for myself, in any way at all.
elizabeth
I have decided to be a all out denier on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
A believer in everything anyone says on Wednesdays and Fridays.
"Who cares" on Mondays and Saturdays,
Reserving Sundays for actually thinking for myself, in any way at all.

To get a true indication of the efficacy of each, please rotate the days of the week monthly and report back.