THE Show 07

Tyler Acoustics is not going to THE Show this year. I was hoping to hear the Woodmere II. Ty told me that there is a company that will be showing his PD 15. Anyways any Audiogon member going (Jan 8-11). I moved here in Las Vegas, so i wont miss this show.
rneclps
i think it might be useful for those of us who are going to ces to meet and go to a few exhibits to compare perceptions.

if anyone wants to get together, we could provide cell phone numbers and/or agreee to meet at a particular day, time and venue.
I will be in Lost Wages from Sunday the 7th through Thursday the 11th.

Anyone who wants to meet (Mrtennis or otherwise) can reach me by cell phone.

Email me through the Audiogon server or look up all my contact info at:
http://albertporterphoto.com

Typically there are so many people and so many rooms it's difficult to find anyone who's not camped out and waiting. But hey, It's worth a shot.

I sometime meet with guys from PFO and Absolute Sound who have similar listening goals, so covering stuff with them is what I would be doing anyway.

Admittedly I skip a lot of rooms (particularly home theatre stuff), otherwise I find it impossible to cover everything.
Don_s,

Thank you for the web site.I guess my brain was so consumed with where I am going that I did not think to search on the net. I wish you all Seasons Greetings and hope to see you in January.
Hey,

Anyone catch the Magico Model 6's at CES 07? Amazing sound, resolution, warmth and prodigious bass. Cabinets are 660 lbs and big. I want a pair.

Was also blown away by the MBL 101X, which is a prototype speaker, not yet available. The 101e's always blow me away. It's like you're in the room with the band. 101x will be priced at over 200k when available.

As per our ongoing debate about Von Schweikert speakers versus Wilson, attending CES was a big bust. Not only was there no Wilson exhibit (although there were a few watt puppy's being used by other manufacturers), but Von Schweikert was kind of a disappointment too. They had the VR-5SE's playing and they were loud. Problem was the speaks were being driven by a class D amp and the sound reflected it. If you're demoing a pair of $25k speakers at an international hifi event, wouldn't ya think about using the best equipment available?

I was impressed at the "parabolic" soundstage that seemed to eminate from the speakers however. This was neat as I hate to have to sit in a sweet spot when listening. I walked behind the speakers and could still hear substantial high's. Would still like to hear these speaks under ideal conditions.

Over at THE Show, the Verity Audio Parsifal Ovations were teamed up I believe with Red Dragon tube monos and sounded really amazing. These little speakers were detailed, warm and put out impressive bass for their size. Too bad Verity didn't show with more product such as Sarastros. These are speaks I'd like to hear.

Needless to say, there wa tons of stuff that many will be writing about in the days ahead. I had a nice chat with Gary Kohe (spelling?) of Genesis which was great, and saw Robert Harley floating around a good bit. Great fun.
/LM
Leemincy-

The VA Sarastros II were being demo'd at the Mirage. I love MY VAPO's....

jtb