Theta Data Basic Mk II

Hi,
Would appreciate any experience for those who have used the Theta Data Basic Mk II transport and which digital cable you used together with it and why!
Thanks is advance!
Rgds,
Ramesh
ramesh23
I'm using the Data Basic with Pro Basic II transport. I've tried several digital cables and ended up using the Iluminations D60 for a while. I purchased a Stealth Varidig Premier silver digital cable and after extensive listening, I decided on it over the D60. It was more dynamic, detailed, extended and less colored. The differences, while subtle, were noticable. I purchased the Stealth cable new from Audiogon auctions. It's a great cable, one which I'm in no hurry to replace.

Best Regards,
Steve
Hi Steve,
Thank you for your reply! Yes, I've heard good things about the Stealth Varidig too! Apart from what you described, how is the bass & midbass performance of the Varidig! Is it punchy, deep, bodied etc!
Thanks & rgds,
Ramesh
Hi Ramesh23. I've never heard a Theta Data Basic II, but am very happy with the Theta Pearl transport I own.

I have had good results with Cardas Lightning L-15 and Mapleshade Double Helix digital cables, but am currently favoring the Kimber Illuminations D60. I think if I went with a cable that was more revealing and less colored, my system would become too lean.

I'm using the Pearl with a Bel Canto DAC 1.1, Simaudio Moon I-5 integrated and ProAc Tablette 50 Signatures. With the D60 my system is detailed and quick, yet just warm enough to listen for hours.

Do you already own the Data Basic II?