Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
jafant
On integrating a subwoofer: my aesthetix preamp has two sets of main outs. Presently I have one set going to my Pass power amp and to my main speakers. Would it be possible to use the other set to feed a subwoofer that has an internal crossover filtering out everything over around 60hz? Then using REW to effect a DSP crossover with the same slope and point so that I integrate the two. OR do I really need an electronic crossover fed by the Aesthestix, then out from the crossover to the sub and to the mains?  IF I need an electronic crossover, does anyone have any experience with this Bryston unit:  http://www.bryston.com/products/other/10B-SUB.html

Proud new owner of a pair of Thiel speakers.  My 2.4's are driven by Classe CA-200 in a living room with sloped high ceilings (about 10 to 20 feet at its apex).  Room is roughly 15 feet in width by 30 feet in length.  Speakers are space about 9 feet apart.  With respect to the room walls, the speakers are placed about 2.5 feet from the backwall and 3 feet from the side walls.  Listening position is about 12-13 feet from each speaker.

Sound is good so far but imaging is a little off.  If I add a cheap tube buffer like FX Audio Tube 1, the imaging and soundstage seems to improve quite a bit.  I'm hoping to experiment with better tube preamps in the near future.

Thanks to jafant for providing many insights.
mrpostfire-
My pleasure.

Wonderful! to read about your scoring a pair of CS 2.4 loudspeakers. 
Experiment with speaker placement as you certainly have the dimensions for best outcome. When imaging is off center try placing the speakers closer to each other, a measure farther from back/side walls or sitting closer 10-12 feet.  Keep us posted as you dial-in these speakers into your system.

What other gear including cabling rounds out your current set-up?

Happy Listening!
mrpostfire-
Welcome! to this thread. You will find a plethora of solid information to assist your speaker set-up and obtaining the best presentation and sound.

Happy Listening!