thinking of switching from conrad johnson......

trying to decide between pass x250.8 or plinius sb 30, was looking at the cj premier 350 or the McCormack dna 500, but these amps are getting a little long in the tooth.  any suggestion and your experience with these two amps would help.  and what pre amp would work best with them.  since not many preamp companies are left.  and any feedback from whilecamaross is very much welcomed......thanks in advance.
kennesawjet
Also... the P350 has only single ended (not balanced) inputs while the Pass is balanced I believe so you'll want to consider cables and matching the output of the preamp when you make your second purchase of a pre.

Thanks! for sharing- coppy777

my 1st taste of Conrad Johnson was w/ the Premier 350sa and an ACT2 Series 2 pre-amp , Eggleston speakers, Audience cabling all around.

Certainly a reference system that still has quite an impression on me as I demo other brands/gear.  What other gear, including cabling, is in your system?

Happy Listening!

I dont understand why the Conrad Johnson would be "long in the tooth" ? Good 20 years ago is good now nothing radical in sound quality improvements has changed expect isolation tables & cables.

If you can home dem some gear.
Steve McCormack is still upgrading the older McC's.
He is basically creating a new amp. I am having a pair of DNA-1's converted to monoblocks as we speak.
He is at SMcAudio.
Bob
safebeslayer, thought about the vtl line could only afford the 2.5 maybe.
coppy777 that is my favorite amp, but I have a pv 12, wouldnt I have to update the pre as well with that.
foey, meaning  i have had it for some time.
gdnrbob, I talk with steve and chris from time to time, love the dna 500.